Dental Bridge Brisbane
Bridges may be used to replace one or more missing teeth after tooth loss. They can restore the lost teeth, support remaining teeth and help keep our teeth in proper position and proper bite.
A Bridge is essentially a device anchored to surrounding teeth that replaces one or more existing teeth. When a lost tooth is replaced with cemented bridgework, the teeth on either side of the missing one must be prepared as crowns to serve as abutments, to hold the bridge in place. This procedure usually takes from two to three appointments to complete. At the Tooth Booth we only use Australian Laboratories that use the highest quality materials to manufacture your custom dental bridge
What are the Different Types of Dental Bridges Available?
There are three main types of dental bridges:
The most commonly used type of bridge, traditional bridges are made of either porcelain fused to metal or ceramic. Here a crown is created for the tooth or implant on either side of the gap with a pontic, or imitation tooth, in between.
Used when there are adjacent teeth on one side only of the missing tooth or teeth, a cantilever bridge is best suited for use in the back of the mouth where it can’t place much force on other teeth and damage them.
Resin-Bonded Bridges or Maryland Bridges
Resin-bonded bridges, also known as Maryland bridges, are made of porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, or plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal or porcelain framework. Metal or porcelain wings protruding from one side of the bridge are bonded to your existing teeth.
Am I Suitable for a Dental Bridge Treatment?
The treatment required to replace a missing tooth varies from patient to patient.
The suitability of a candidate for dental bridge treatment can depend on factors including:
- Oral health diagnosis
- Jawbone density
- Personal preference.
Your Tooth Booth dentist will assist in choosing the best solution for your individual case.
What is the Dental Bridge Treatment Procedure?
- Our dentists will prepare the teeth adjacent to the gap for treatment, reshaping them to allow room for the bridge to be placed over them.
- Impressions of your teeth will be made and sent to a dental lab to serve as a model for your dental bridge to ensure a proper fit and colour match.
- Our Dentists dentist will make a temporary bridge to wear in the meantime.
- Once your new bridge arrives from the dental lab, you will be contacted to return to our clinic, where your new bridge will be checked and adjusted for a perfect fit.
- You may be required to visit several times to check the fit and bite.
- If your dental bridge is a fixed bridge, it may be put in place temporarily to ensure it is a proper fit and then cemented after this trial period.